Under the direction of the Business Manager, the Senior Accountant plays an integral role in the financial health and growth of HVC. This is the first internal accounting/financial position for our practice which sees several thousand new patients each year across 9 locations and 2 major cities. We continue to grow quickly by providing high quality service and strong medical outcomes that are objectively measured. For the right candidate with a strong fit, capability and initiative, there is opportunity to grow to the top of the financial function of the organization.
• Prepare and records asset, liability, revenue, and expense entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
• Maintain and balance subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies.
• Maintain general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts; preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
• Summarize financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss, and other statements.
• Prepare monthly Financial statements along with supporting schedules and reports for presentation to Business Manager and Leadership Team
• Prepare revenue and expense forecasts and projections as requested Analyze financial information along with actual versus budget comparisons, and advise Management about budget variances, causes and proposed improvements.
• Lead cross-functional teams on revenue and expense improvement efforts.
• Conduct internal audit procedures to assure that records are accurately maintained, accounts are reconciled regularly, transactions are classed properly, and established policy/procedures are consistently followed
• Assist Business Manager with annual insurance coverage and maintains necessary records
• Verify the taking of monthly inventories on-hand and reviews reports thereof for key medical supply
• Attention to Detail
• Analytic Ability
• Interpersonal skills – Approachable, able to establish rapport easily, demonstrates empathy with others, demonstrates active listening
• Collaboration – Ability to work within a team setting and leverage strengths of others to accomplish objectives
• Drive – Self-starter who can take initiative to help the team and business grow
Technical Skills / Knowledge:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting along with 7-10 years Accounting work experience, CPA preferred
• Experience in the healthcare space preferred
• Strong knowledge of Excel including pivot tables and other key functions preferred
• Working use of, Word, and Outlook is required
• Experience in financial statement preparation, budget adherence, internal audit, inventory control are necessary
• Strong organizational, time management skills and attention to detail
• Strong communication skills, written and verbal
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities