Vascular Ultrasound Technician
Under the direction of the Lead Vascular Ultrasound Technician, the Vascular Ultrasound Technician will perform a wide variety of non-invasive exams using ultrasound machines to aid in the clinical diagnosis of disease, record and document images, history and other pertinent clinical information for analysis and interpretation.
• Perform lower extremity venous insufficiency exam
• Monitor treatment quality and safety
• Process ultrasound images
• Assist in the set-up and clean-up of treatment rooms
• Apply basic vascular ultrasound knowledge and skills to educate and motivate patient
• Act in compliance with the legal rules and regulations applicable to the position
• Perform non-invasive vascular testing independently involving the carotid, arterial, and venous systems as required
• Provide the requesting physician with preliminary findings based on diagnostic criteria established for each non-invasive vascular procedure and help develop a safe and effective treatment plan
• Demonstrate critical thinking in handling complex situations
• Obtain permanent record of patient exams
• Maintain ultrasound equipment and supplies by cleaning and adjusting equipment; troubleshooting problems; performing preventive maintenance; reporting equipment malfunctions; arranging for repairs; maintaining supply inventory levels; completing and placing supply requisitions; restocking supply storeroom.
• Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations; complying with Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) requirements
• Must be able to provide a comprehensive history and physical regarding patient symptoms; risk factors; previous vascular surgery and how each component relates to the non-invasive study to be performed and the preliminary findings based on diagnostic criteria.
• Other duties as required/assigned
• Certificate of Completion from an accredited Ultrasound Program. A.S. or B.S in Vascular Ultrasound preferred
• Registered as a Vascular Technologist (RVT) or Vascular Sonographer (RVS)
• Excellent hand/eye coordination
• Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills. Must be a team player.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Strong attention to detail
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Department: Vascular Ultrasound
Reports To: Lead Vascular Ultrasound Technician
Apply Online Using the Form Below